Losing your mom is the hardest and most gut-wrenching experience. The grief comes in ebbs and flows, but completely washes over me when I reach for the phone. I need to call her, but then I remember she won't be able to answer.
No matter how old I get, there will always be so many things I will continue to need my mom for.
- When I need to know that I am doing okay in life.
- I need to bi*** about my really crappy day at work. She was the only one who would listen without all that judgment.
- Sometimes I just need to vent about the gossip that I am WAY too old to still be dealing with.
- Wedding Dress shopping just won’t ever be the same without her input.
- I wish I could just call and ask her when my kid has a toothache or the flu... and what the hell to do about either!
- When I need a coffee date with the person who was ALWAYS supposed to be there.
- I really wish I could take her shopping or a spa day or some fancy dinner... anything to pay her back for all the things she's done for me!
- When I just can’t seem to get in right in my relationship and she was the BEST wife ever.
- I need her to tell me how to be the bigger person when my friends are all being petty.
- When life has gotten way too overwhelming and I just can’t seem to hold it together anymore.
- I need her encouragement when I feel like everyone is doing better than me.
- When everything seems to be falling apart.
- When I’m mustering the strength to leave a toxic relationship.
- When I have to watch my kid go on a first day of school.
- When I’m at a crossroads changing careers.
- The times I really need a firm kick in the ass!
- Her words of wisdom are sometimes the only thing I need at a certain time.
- When I’m supposed to know what to wear for a job interview
- I need her to tell me when those shoes definitely DON’T go well with that dress
- When I need complete upfront and brutal honesty.
- I wish I could call when I need someone to put my head back on straight.
- When I just need the comfort of my best friend.
For more of Christie’s writing follow her on Facebook